Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, March 12, 2006

So this is where it starts...

Hi! I'm Lis and I'm from northeast Ohio. I have become addicted to lurking on other food blogs and have been itching to start my own.. so here goes! I am not a professional chef.. I just enjoy cooking very, very much. I grew up in the restaurant biz, as my family owned a small italian restaurant in the small town I grew up in. My mother is a fantastic cook, although she won't admit to it! My father loved to cook as well and he was rather good.. although sometimes he'd scare us with some of his "creations".

My ultimate dream is to open another restaurant. This is a dream that I never, ever thought I would have.. because after putting 11 years into my family's restaurant, I had had enough. I was young.. still living at home and working closely with my family.. I wanted to go get out on my own and try ANYTHING that wasn't restaurant related.. so I've done that. And, yeah, my heart really does belong to that business.

I live with my fiance and our "kids": Nigel, a 2 year old blonde Lhasa Apso; Chloe, a blue merle Australian Shepard who will be 2 in May; and last but not least Kitten, a grey tiger cat who initially adopted my mother and I back in my hometown, but who eventually came to live with us here. We both work for the same company.. I'm in the office and he's out in the field. I find my current job to be mind numbingly boring and a total dead end. I enjoy where I work, but boredom has overtaken all things good. I'm thinking a career change is going to happen in the near future, but will it involve cooking? Keep your fingers crossed for me, please! =)

I'm not really sure how this blog will turn out.. I know I want it to mainly be a food blog, but don't be surprised if there is the odd post here and there about something entirely non-foodie. I have some fabulous recipes to share and I even hope to have pictures to show them off. I hope to use this online diary as a way to share recipes, make friends and be able to express myself in a way I've never done before. So, I guess we'll see how this ends up - am looking forward to learning and sharing!

Labels:

Comments on "So this is where it starts..."

 

Blogger Randi said ... (3/14/2006 11:57 AM) : 

Welcome to the foodblogging world. We have furry children too, they are the best!!

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (3/14/2006 2:06 PM) : 

welcome!! :o)

 

Blogger Lis said ... (3/14/2006 5:40 PM) : 

Thanks you guys.. what a nice welcoming! =)

 

Blogger cucina testa rossa said ... (3/25/2006 12:32 PM) : 

Bienvenue! :-) Follow your heart. Life's too short to stay in a job that isn't fulfilling. Who knows, you might end up in Paris... ;-)

 

Blogger Skeezix said ... (4/10/2006 10:59 PM) : 

Lis, I'm originally from northeast Ohio (Cleveland Eastside Represent!) Chardon to be specific (oh, Maple Festival-how I miss thee). I'm loving your blog thus far, keep it up.

 

Blogger sir henry said ... (5/15/2006 8:05 AM) : 

FOLOW YOUR DREAMS
YOU HAVE A GREAT BLOGI GET HUNGRY AND HAVE TO GO IN THE KITCHEN TO MAKE SOME FOOD FOR ME AND MY LADY
GREETINGS FROM FINKLAND
HENRY

http://sirhenryb.com
http://beutlerhenry.blogspot.com/
http://einerunruhig.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75362345@N00/

 

Blogger Kristina said ... (8/31/2006 9:11 AM) : 

I like your blog Lis! You should follow your dreams for sure--just give yourself enough time and space to do it right, the way that you want to do it...
I've added you to my links list so I can visit more frequently.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/16/2006 6:26 PM) : 

Hi! I just found your page while looking for stuffed flank steak ideas...mmm...good idea!

I'll be sure to check in and see how things go for you. I really like the perspective you have to offer.

I pretty much agree with everyone else so far in you following your dream. Life is WAY too short to have regrets about what you have not done. Of course, it is always easier to dish out the advice than to follow it. Life has a way of piling up responsibilities that keep us from our full potential. Well, maybe that's just me and my woes...

Best 'o luck! Like I said, I'll be checking in.

 

Blogger Lis said ... (1/23/2007 2:56 PM) : 

Hey Lori - Thanks for stopping by =) I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier (if you even check here because really who wouldn't be waiting endlessly for my reply? hee!) but blogger once again did not notify me that someone commented to this post.

Anyhoo I hope you tried one of the stuffed flank steaks.. and thanks for the advice - I pretty much feel the same way.. it's just getting over the fear of something new that's keeping me from going for it. *sigh*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/01/2008 7:58 PM) : 

You are so cute with your heart right on your sleeve. I've never been to Ohio (layover once in Cincinnati), but I hear it's great! I love the way life turns out when you do the unexpected. Looks like your blogging is going well for you & I can only how the rest is too.

Tanti baci, amica mia,
Amy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/17/2008 10:24 AM) : 

So funny to read you're from NE Ohio -- I'm originally from Cleveland, moved to Virginia 5 years ago and miss Cleveland (esp. Lakewood) sooooo much. Looking for a London Broil recipe to compare w/ mine and WE HAVE THE EXACT SAME MARINADE!! So I guess I'll stick with mine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/28/2008 2:53 PM) : 

Lis,
I was just reading different food blogs and when I read you went to Trader Joe's and West Side Market, I just knew you were from Cleveland. I don't blog but enjoy reading them and trying out many of the recipes. Have added you to my favorites list and will continue to read your blog. Hope to learn about other Cleveland area food bloggers. I like when I can relate to comments about places in the local area.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/04/2008 9:12 PM) : 

lis, haven't tried any of your recipes yet, but you are very funny!

 

Blogger Humberto de Lima said ... (10/05/2008 9:06 AM) : 

Hi!

Your blog is beautiful!
Congratulations!

Humberto de Lima

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/05/2008 5:07 PM) : 

beautyful blog. How do make it. Great.
I am just learing to make it

Ria,www.riscreation.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/13/2008 7:41 PM) : 

i enjoy your blog :)

 

Blogger Sevoja said ... (10/13/2008 7:42 PM) : 

i enjoy your blog :)

 

Blogger June Carvalho said ... (10/14/2008 3:29 AM) : 

Loved your blog...it's simply hilarious...

 

Blogger Maria said ... (10/14/2008 9:47 PM) : 

Hi, love this blog !

 

Blogger AssenavSpot said ... (10/15/2008 11:54 PM) : 

Hey I love your blog. I also love your design. Did you make it yourself?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/16/2008 11:14 AM) : 

Hi, I really enjoyed reading about your tribute to your fellow blogger..Very touching yet light. :-)

If you'd like to join us at our forum you'd be more then welcome.
It's at www.boomfox.com/forum

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/20/2008 3:11 PM) : 

I love your blog. The Halloween post is great! My daughter was born on Halloween, so we alwayslike to make up a batch of creepy food to celebrate.

 

Anonymous halı said ... (8/24/2009 8:54 AM) : 

Lis, I'm originally from northeast Ohio (Cleveland Eastside Represent!) Chardon to be specific (oh, Maple Festival-how I miss thee). I'm loving your blog thus far, keep it up.

thanks you very good job..

Halı
çocuk Halısı
banyo paspası

 

Blogger monica said ... (2/19/2010 4:27 PM) : 

Hi Lisa, not sure how this happened but I got 3 comments in my e-mail that I am assuming are meant for you...how can I get them to you? Where in Northeast Ohio? I am in Hudson, after having lived in San Francisco & Tampa Fl for almost 20 years...quite a shock. Anyway, it must be fate getting your mail, I now found your blog!!!
P.s. love Trader Joe's, West Point Market & Whole Foods!

 

Blogger monica said ... (2/19/2010 4:28 PM) : 

p.s check out my blog

 

Blogger Lis said ... (2/19/2010 4:31 PM) : 

Hi Monica.. that's weird. You can just paste them here I guess? Thanks for writing me about it - I can't even imagine how that'd happen. :)

I'm up in Cleveland.. freezing my buns off today. :D Thanks for such nice compliments!

xoxo

 

Anonymous Elis said ... (3/05/2011 11:11 AM) : 

Hi, just found your blog today, looking for flank steak recipes and your picture of the pinwheel version came up - molto bella!
I'm disabled, and live vicariously through so many things in the world through the internet, so I'm very happy to find your blog - beautiful pictures, and I love to cook AND I love and have dogs, so will really enjoy your 'show'! Go for the dream with your foods; you're only young and healthy once! Best, Elis (Elisabeth)

 

post a comment